- 1 sweet potato
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prick sweet potato several times with a fork.
- Heat sweet potato in your microwave on high until tender, roughly about 6 minutes.
- Cut sweet potato in half and scoop the flesh out of the skin and place into a bowl. Discard skin.
- Mash sweet potato with fork or masher and transfer about 1 cup-ful into a large bowl. If you have a lot left over you can double the recipe and make more!!
- Mix whole wheat flour, applesauce, and eggs in the large bowl with the sweet potato until a dough forms.
- Turn dough out on a well-floured surface and roll dough to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Using a cookie cutter (bone shape or any fun-seasonal shape), cut out shapes.
- Arrange cookies on a ungreased baking sheet.
- Place in oven and bake until crisp, about 35-45 minutes.
- Cool on the pans for approximately 10 minutes before removing to cool on a wire rack.
Happy Baking! Your Furry Loved Ones Will Thank You For It!!! :)